PBSC staff, chapter bring home honors from AFC conference
Sixteen Palm Beach State College staff were recognized at the Association of Florida Colleges 73rd Annual Meeting and Conference. Recognitions ranged from the Best in Show award to an Honorary Lifetime Membership, an Exemplary Practice Award and other achievements and appointments.
Palm Beach State’s AFC chapter was named a Gold-level chapter at the conference, held Nov. 15-18 in Panama City Beach, and the following staff were honored:
AFC’s immediate past president Raymond D. Coulter III, facilities manager for PBSC’s Loxahatchee Groves and Belle Glade campuses, received the Honorary Life Membership Award and was elected as chair of the Facilities Commission, keeping him on the AFC Board of Directors.
Germany Dixon, associate dean of Academic Affairs on the Boca Raton campus, was appointed 2023 chair of the Campus Safety Commission. Dixon is also PBSC AFC chapter vice president for the Boca Raton campus.
Kevin Moreau, manager of the tresPATHS Grant, was awarded the AFC 2022 Technology Commission Exemplary Practice Award. He was awarded for his work preparing students with the skills needed for local tech jobs, enabling them to excel as job candidates and enter the workforce.
Jane Fisher, Health program director for Corporate and Continuing Education, received the state-level Distinguished Service Award, based on a nomination by Palm Beach State’s AFC chapter.
Paris Sepulveda-Smith, interim assistant dean of Student Services, was named 2023 Region V Director-Elect.
Region V Director and former PBSC AFC Chapter President Joan Roberts, senior research analyst, Institutional Research and Effectiveness, was awarded a certificate for completing AFC’s Next Level Leadership Program.
Dalila Rodriguez, workforce assessment advisor and PBSC AFC chapter president, received the Region V Lifesaver Award, presented by Roberts.
Daniel Alvarez, Perkins Grant manager, won the Region V Unsung Hero Award. Alvarez is also president-elect of the PBSC AFC chapter.
Communications & Marketing Awards
Eight staff members of PBSC’s Office of Communications and Public Affairs brought home nine awards, including Best in Show. The 28 colleges in the Florida College System competed in 24 categories for Awards of Excellence, presented by AFC’s Communications and Marketing Commission. PBSC took home awards for these efforts:
- Best in Show award: Criminal Justice Institute Video created and edited by Karina Silva-Santisteban, media technology coordinator. The video was also the first place winner in the Video (60+ seconds/10,000+ FTE) category.
Digital Advertising: Short-Term Programs campaign designed by Ferany Corbato-Harris, graphic designer, with photos by Carol McDonald, staff photographer, and copy written by Joyce Edelstein, specialist.
- Video (60 seconds or less/10,000+ FTE): Open House video created by Ricardo Reyes, video services manager.
- Specialty Advertising: RISE Pin created by Kara Bailey, senior graphic designer.
- Print Advertising: Find Your Power full-page ad designed by Kari McCormick, visual communications manager, with photos by McDonald.
- Indoor/Outdoor Displays: Find Your Power digital billboard designed by McCormick, with photos by McDonald.
- Video (60 seconds or less/10,000+ FTE): PBSC’s new mobile app created by to Julie Somera, multimedia specialist.
- Tabletop & Retractable Displays: Bachelor’s degree programs pop-up display created by Corbato-Harris.
One comment on “PBSC staff, chapter bring home honors from AFC conference”
Yay, AFC PBSC Chapter! Congratulations to all!
Comments are closed.